Skip to main content

What I'm working on now

It has been a really exciting year and a half. I feel so fortunate to have met so many nice folks who appreciate my work and are artists them selves. This June I'm celebrating my year anniversary working with the Gits (June 12th) and maintaining their website TheGits.com. I've also been running The Gits Online Store, sending out everything from apparel to vinyl records. It's been a really fun experience so far. Through the Gits I met Mike Millet from Broken Rekids and was hired to re-create his site. Steve Moriarty of the Gits, whose a psychotherapist, had me build his Justherapy website. We have a couple more websites and exciting projects in the works! Check out more websites I made.

This Spring I started working with Pedal Panties and I'm feeling really good about it. I've been having a fun time creating and collaborating with the business owner. It's nice to be valued, and work with another female entrepreneur. Recently I finished the Photo Gallery for my website. All of my pictures can finally be found in one place. I have added a few new pages to the site recently. I also made a Site Map for easy navigation Check out more projects I've done.

Lately things have been happening on our facebook page, lots of creating and sharing  Rock Memes and having interesting music discussions. This summer I started a grass roots style campaign to advertise my website and web work. There has been a lot of positive reception, but there is always one person who has a problem.

 Recently a neighbor of mine claimed I had "vandalized' the neighborhood with my index card style signs. (Read my blog about it) Saying I "taped them up heavily"-- by that I suppose she meant 1 to 2 (sometimes 3 Oh Gawd!) pieces of regular clear tape. I had a moment of guilt, thinking I may have posted too many. Upon walking around my town I was able to recall where I had them. All I can say is this individual greatly over exaggerated. On the upside, she provided me with a good hardy laugh. She complained I was contributing to the "graffiti problem in Emeryville" but only tore down my postings...and not *any* of the others. Clearly it's personal and it's just one of those things. Some folks have no life, and insignificant things get under their skin. Except for this one curmudgeonly person I have gotten positive feedback and encouraging responses from people. The irony is, and since she was an older woman she should know this...giving me attention the way she was will only get people talking. I also suggest that woman look up the definition of "graffiti" and "vandalism." She would probably complain about a mural being painted near her bus stop...declaring it as a public eyesore.


My grass roots campaign will continue this summer!

Summer time seems to be the hottest time for me to see live shows. I also plan to start working with another band or two this Summer, doing web development and promotion. I will continue to blog this Summer about all the concerts and things that are happening. I can't wait to go out and see local bands on the weekend. Live music lifts my spirits. Been able to dabble in some graphic design lately, creating fun things like this...

 

I'm going to be adding some "special pages" kind of like Easter eggs with special graphics and surprises. More details on that to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What happened to Hot Topic?

You got it wrong. It goes 'sex, drugs and rock n roll'  Hot Topic emerged when I was just starting my Freshman year in high school. Growing up in suburbia sucked for a lot of reasons. One big reason being that there really were not any record stores, rock t-shirt shops or head shops in the area. I actually made my own rock t shirts for years, using stencils to spell out things like "The Beatles" and t-shirt iron-ons. You had to get creative and in many ways it was teenage DIY at it's best.  I was introduced to Hot Topic the same way every bored suburban kid did...by going to the mall. When you live in the suburbs, all there really is to do is to visit the mall. And I did a lot of that in my youth. When I discovered Hot Topic I was pretty pleased and I could finally find shirts that said "Blondie" or "The Ramones" on it and I didn't have to make it myself. I was excited to find a store that sold so much of what I liked.  Not long

Music posers

Ever see a girl in a rock t shirt who just doesn't look like she knows who they are? Have you ever been out in public, and spotted a person wearing a rock and roll t-shirt? Every time I do, which is if they're 12 feet or less away, I have to say something about it. That something would be "Yay! I love (insert band)! What's your favorite album?" Well, sometimes when I ask that question, I get a response I don't expect... *Blank expression* "I'm not really a fan of (insert band), I just like the shirt." My heart sinks. And then I want to punch them. This happened just yesterday. I was visiting my local pot club ( Berkeley Patients Group , woop woop) and I immediately spotted a girl wearing a Beatles shirt. I shouldn't even have to inform you how much I love rock music, so I can't help but mention it. I also feel like this is an obvious potential friend! I said to her "Yea the Beatles rock! Niiice!" And sh

We need to talk about this: The Foo Fighters are "AIDS denialists"

Preface: I am a fan of the Foo Fighters' music, so this isn't intended to be a hit piece. I genuinely feel troubled by what I'm about to share with you in this blog entry. I had no idea about this until just days ago.  Recently I saw a video that addressed celebrities with controversial beliefs. The one that stood out to me was Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters being "AIDS denialists" (which I didn't even know was a thing?) aka "HIV Truthers". I immediately had to look into this because it sounded just too crazy to be real (and you should ALWAYS be skeptical of things you hear and do. your. research.) An article that I felt was very thorough on the topic was " Foo Fighters, HIV Deniers " "Maggiore’s message has apparently penetrated the minds of at least some Foo aficionados. She says she has heard from many Foo fans since the show — one of whom, she says, now works at the Alive and Well office.  “AIDS is a toxic disease caused