Firefly Pointer Fiberglass Jacket: My Record Collection

Thursday, July 6, 2017

My Record Collection


 I started collecting records before I had a record player. From the beginning I always had the idea that one day I would get one. When I was 18-19 I finally got my first record player. The small stacks of vinyl that I had could finally be played. And from there my love for records was ignited. there was so much more to records that I didn't realize at the time.

 There's something truly special about a record; from the artwork on the sleeve to the vinyl itself. There are so many nuances on a record sleeve that I didn't notice until a deep examination. People like me love records for one main reason, they are something tangible that you can hold, collect and reference to. An album is a piece of art that sometimes comes with posters, cut outs, or a booklet with unique photos. This is something you just can't get from a digital file. It's something that a lot of young people these days aren't getting to experience. 


Other blogs I wrote about my record collection:
The album art of Tommy by Mike McInnerney
Scans of my single vinyl records
My Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Album
Why Vinyl Records Matter
The Point! inserts
Scan of Queen's "Jazz" sleeve
Rock and Roll is the answer single
"...Ya Know?" Joey Ramone's latest record
Record Store Day 2014
Second Skin / Social Love limited edition single
The Gits limited edition bootleg

I found this at Urban Ore and thought it was cool.
Took it to the register to buy and they let me have it for free.



 While photographing my records I noticed something on my Ramones album that I never noticed before. "Lent for promotional use only" Thankfully I could Google it and quickly found not only am I in the clear but the laws have changed. In 2011 a "decision that the sale of so-called promo records — usually advance copies of new releases sent to music critics and radio stations by record labels — does NOT violate copyright laws." This was a relief, because for a second I thought I could have accidentally did something wrong. 

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...